Friday, May 6, 2011

Creative Addiction Disorder?

  
I got up in this morning with an overwhelming need to create something.  I rumage through my stash of beads, wire and leftover projects till the tiny spark of an idea lights up.  Sketching furiously and laying out pieces of my stash, I rearrange them continuously until – I’ve got it.  I know what I’m going to make!
Hours go by without my noticing them.  My stomach growls, I forgot to eat.  I tell myself I’ll eat as soon as I finish this one part.  I complete another section, then another.  Can’t seem to stop at this point, I’m almost done!
Another hour goes by.  I’m beginning to slow down or perhaps I’m running out of energy. I must at least go to the bathroom.  Relunctantly, I go to the bathroom taking my work in progress with me to stare at and visualize the final product.  I get back to work quickly, fixing and changing little things it here and there. 
Finally, it’s finished!   Now I have to photograph it, edit it, list it and post it.  
I think I’ll eat something, and I should do some laundry, clean the house and feed the pets. I realized that I didn’t have a single thought about anything else this whole time. 
Do I have a problem?

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club!!! I'm a charter member and I suspect there are a zillion of us out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a zillion and 1! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention the pain of knees and elbows in the evening, maybe not pain but discomfort....
    I like a lot what you wrote and don't be sad or scared you're not alone.....

    I'm waiting to visit me too on my blog ang give me a opinion( if you have time!)..
    http://lilidjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete